I woke up today with a real spring in my step. Well more of a bounce, or a leap Laptop-wards. I can see this quickly becoming my new obsession. Not the blog, but the whole operation. I was desperate to check my etsy store and my ebay, just to see what had happened in the small amount of time between going to bed and opening my eyes this morning. It's exciting and right now, I am incredibly motivated. This is helped massively by the fact that we have posted three items so far, two on etsy and one on ebay, and the ebay one has met it's reserve.
The ebay post feels like a bit of cheat as my original intention was to knit me a house. This is my first baby step to operation no alarm clock. I am not actually going to physically knit me a house, rather use my knitting to get there. Or at least that was the original intention.
A few years ago, my marriage broke down and I was lucky enough to get a lot of help from my brother to enable me to keep my home. Life has moved on, and although I still co-own, I no longer live there. Life moving on has been awesome in a million ways, but one of the great things about it is that it has moved onwards and upwards. I am now in a position where I can seriously look at buying him out. This is where the knitting came in. I say knitting, but obviously since I had the idea it has evolved and changed and added layers and I expect it will do so many more times until I am done. It currently involves, knitting candle making, clearing out and saving rent payments from my tenant.
I could of course, just deny myself a few treats here and there and save the money, but come on - really? where is the fun in that? Who isn't excited about the idea that someone might want to buy something that I have made?, that each time I learn a new stitch or a new skill, it could really help to change my life. Watching it build is important to me too, and by doing it this way, I really do feel like it could be part of something oh, so much bigger. I won't feel the need to just stop saving once I have reached my initial goal, and hopefully I won't get bored (this is always a tricky one for me) and feel like I'm losing out.
This whole thing kicked off on the fifth of may, so we are a week and a half in, and so far, I am very close to a quarter of the way to my target. So it's all moving incredibly quickly. My goal was or is to have Marley heights (the name of my flat) souly in my name by May 5th 2012. so it looks like it might just work. I am aware that things rarely run smoothly and that anything could happen to scupper my plans, but I am looking forward to that being part of this big adventure.
I feel the urge when I am writing to jump ahead and flit about and tell you this and that all at once, but although I am talking to you, as you, I am not sure that this will ever go public, it is just as a log for me really, just to see what happens. This idea has been in the making for a while and consequently has several layers to it, more than I can remember in one sitting, but as and when I have something to say about each one, I will try to explain it a little, just so that it makes sense.
Today I will post another item into my etsy store, ideally, I would like to do this every day for as long as I can, to ensure that I am at the top of the search lists, but that is today's simple step on the journey. I look forward to writing more as the adventure unfolds.
No comments:
Post a Comment