Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Focussing on the positive.

The positives -
We have nearly £300 in our onac account. It's been three and a half weeks. Now I know that this is not a wage or anywhere near it, but it is a jolly good start.
Ebay is going much better than expected, although I am not relying on this because eventually we will run out of stock. There are some things in our lives that we will need to keep. I am not very good at this though, deciding when to stop that is. I am much more used to the two back packs worth of stuff mentality that I have become used to of late. It is too tempting for me to sell it all, and stick to that, but I must remember that in amongst all of this we are trying to build a comfortable home and for that to a degree, we do need stuff. But it's working really well for now.

The shop is going well, still no sales yet though. Part of me is hugely disappointed by this, but more of me knows that this is just daft. Everyone on etsy will tell you that these things take months initially. You have to learn to be a clever shop keeper and manager to make sales. That is of course unless your products are outstanding in some way, which I know that mine aren't. They are beautiful, and I like them and enjoyed making them, but they are not in any way new ideas. I will get better at it though and I can see how much I am improving when I add each new product. I have had a lot of views, been added to two treasuries and have had seven people heart my shop and three or four people heart individual items. This to me, is fantastic. I have had good from friends and as much as this is nice, and I love them for it and am grateful, the fact that I have positive feedback from people I don't know and have never met, based on my products alone, really stokes me.

Driving is going well. Lesson two was good. Well good is not quite right, I can't say that I am enjoying it, because I am concentrating too much on all of the things that I have to learn to do so. I am feeling good afterwards though. It may seem ridiculous to people that drive everyday without thinking about it, but I am really proud of myself for getting all the way into third gear. I have booked lessons three, four and five. I am still unsure whether I will keep going with it, but for now, it seems ok.

My boyfriend has many projects of his own on the go too. I am really proud of him for working at them. He is in a band, a really good band and each week brings news of another gig. This is excellent news, the bands name is getting out there and hopefully will eventually mean that he can make some money from doing something that he loves, which is certainly no bad thing. He is also working on a fuel project, lots of potential savings available there. He has been looking at mobile guitar teaching and pimping out his electricianing skills too. They all have great potential.

He is also working on making an album of his own and making small steps all the time at creating his own business, Federal Promotions. Which not only has potential for him to make money, but for all of the bands he gets involved with to get a fair deal too. I really like his attitude to that and I hope it works for everyone involved.

More than that though, he has been invaluable in keeping me focussed. All of the above, as positive as it looks has been overshadowed greatly for me lately because I am not enjoying life all that much, I am incredibly tired and my job and life are stressful and hard. It is so nice to have a hand to hold though when it all feels like it's a little bit too much. He is really good at pointing out just what we've achieved and I need that right now. I am not going to go into the where's when's and how's of the difficulties that I am finding right now, for fear that they'll stop me in my tracks, but he hears them daily, and daily he keeps me seeing all of these tiny reasons to smile.

1 comment:

  1. It's no wonder you're knackered. You have a demanding full time job, you're learning to drive - that would be plenty for most people - and you're launching a new business - stressful or what? - and you're trying to raise money selling stuff, and you've got the emotional investment in all your boyfriend's projects. Have you ever thought of trying to do just one thing at a time? Don't be too hard on yourself, Love xxx

    ReplyDelete